Prepare for your Holiday
It is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illness on holiday. Do choose medicines according to your needs and the country you are visiting. If you take prescription medicines regularly, remember to pack them too.
- Travel sickness tablets
- Rehydration solutions such as Dioralyte
- Anti-diarrhoeal, e.g. Imodium
- High factor sunscreen, calamine lotion
- Always check whether you need any immunisations or malarial tablets before you travel
- If possible, seek advice 2 months before travelling.
Other Essentials To Pack
- Water purification tablets
- Insect repellent
- Condoms / other contraceptives
- Arrange medical insurance
- If you are travelling in Europe, complete an EHIC form from the Post Office.
- Or visit www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/home.do
This will entitle you to free or reduced cost medical care within the EU. Remember to take the card with you on holiday.