Sloan Medical Centre

0114 2581554

Blackstock Road Surgery

0114 2581554

Patient Information

Test results

Results are only disclosed to the patient or in the case of a child, a parent or named guardian. Please call in and speak to a Patient Services representative or phone after 2pm if you wish to know any results.

Fit Note

Fit for Work - Please check out the below link for information regarding self certification, maternity leave and long term sick.

From this website you can print off and complete the required form to return to work. If you are unable to print please ask a reception for a copy:

Sick/Fit Note Suspension

Between the 17 December 2021 and 26 January 2022 patients can self certify for 28 days instead of the usual 7 days. Please do not call the practice for a new sicknote during the period.

Home visits

If you are housebound and would like to request a visit please telephone Patient Services before 10am.

A doctor or nurse may phone you back as it may be that your problem can be dealt with by telephone advice, or that it would be more appropriate to send a nurse, or indeed arrange a hospital attendance.

House visits are only available for patients who are housebound because of illness or disability.

Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. There are also better facilities for examining and treating patients at the Health Centre.

Healthcare Abroad

By law, the NHS ceases to have responsibility for the medical care of patients when they leave the UK. People traveling within Europe are advised to carry an authorised European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) at all times and this gives entitlement to reduced cost (and sometimes free) medical treatment. Patients should be advised to check specific entitlements prior to travel.

For patients who will be out of the country for less than 3 months, it is reasonable to provide sufficient medicines for an existing condition (i.e. asthma, diabetes)
For patients leaving the country for more than 3 months, they should be advised to register with a local doctor for their continuing medical needs. It is reasonable for GPs to provide sufficient medication to give patients time to do this.
GPs are not required by their Terms of Service to provide prescriptions for the treatment of a condition that is not present and may arise while the patient is abroad. Persons who have left the UK, or who are intending to leave the UK, for more than 3 months are not normally allowed to continue to be registered with a practice.

The NHS accepts responsibility for supplying ongoing medication for temporary periods abroad of up to 3 months. If a person is going to be abroad for more than three months then all that the patient is entitled to at NHS expense is a sufficient supply of his/her regular medication in order to get to their destination, where they should then find an alternative supply of that medication.
If you're planning to visit or move to another country please see the NHS advice HERE